History and Setting
The Lillie Mansion at Lutheran Rehabilitation & Skilled Care Center
Premier Residential Care in the Heart of Worcester
Discover the History
Henry Goulding, a prominent Worcester industrialist had the mansion built in 1850 in the Italianate design style as a retirement gift to himself. In 1920, the mansion opened its doors as the Swedish Lutheran Home for the Aged and there began a tradition of caring for seniors that are nearing 100 years old. Today we are pleased to announce the mansion is now open once again, fully restored and enhanced to provide the Worcester community a setting for residential care like no other.
Discover the Setting
- Restoration and expansion of our current DPH licensed rest home setting to now include the mansion area offering a period-inspired renovated setting.
- Private and semi-private renovated room accommodations located in both the mansion and Jeppson wings.
- Resident rooms are fully furnished with wall-to-wall carpet, window treatments, privacy curtains, wall mounted swing arm cable televisions with Direct TV, telephone and WiFi access, as well as individual heat/central air conditioning temperature controls.
- Resident rooms have private full bathrooms with wheelchair accessible showers (Jeppson private rooms and Mansion private and semi-private rooms) or private half bathrooms (Jeppson semi-private rooms)
Located in the historic mansion area and solely for residential care residents use:
- Main Dining Room with a marble fireplace, coffered ceiling, silk wall draperies and damask wallcoverings for an unparalleled dining experience
- Large Living Room with plaster frieze, crown and ceiling medallion details to give an elegant feeling with a variety of spaces for gathering and conversation – including the main sitting area in front of a marble fireplace and other sitting areas throughout with tables and lounge chairs
- Library offering a quiet space with filled bookcase flanking a marble fireplace and wingback chairs for relaxing and reading as well as tables to spread out a newspaper or other reading material
- Game Room with a beautiful wood game table for chess, cards and other modern game offerings with club style lounge chairs along with an entertainment center with a large flat screen television for an inviting space to spend time
Other setting offers include:
- Emergency response call system, handicapped and elevator access
- Secure exterior door system with keypad locks
- Central air conditioning
- Expansive outside courtyard with gazebo and patio area access
- Beauty salon access
- Gift shop access
- Visitor parking
Check Move-In Availability & Request Pricing/Coverage Information.