Lutheran Rehabilitation’s Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates/Helpful Information
Lutheran Rehabilitation’s Response to the Massachusetts State of Emergency Response to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak:
All Lutheran Rehabilitation and Skilled Care Center’s protocols and procedures remain in full compliance with the guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (the CDC), Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), as well as the local and state Departments of Public Health.
- COVID-19 screening including temperature checks of all entering the Center, including all employees for all shifts, ambulance drivers, emergency medical services personnel, physicians, and other essential health care personnel.
- Non-essential vendors or delivery personnel are not permitted to enter the Center
- All in-person inside social and family visitations remain suspended. Only outdoor visits in a designated outdoor visitation space under certain required guidelines and restrictions per the Department of Public Health can occur at this time. Family restrictive visitation requests under special circumstances when a resident is compassionate care or active end of life status should be inquired to the Administrator or Director of Nurses. Virtual video visit calls continue to be available to be scheduled at this time.
- All group activities and communal dining remain discontinued at this time.
- All non-essential outpatient appointments will remain postponed at this time.
- All staff is educated on and correctly performing hand hygiene, use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), and use of appropriate products for environmental cleaning and disinfecting.
- Staff trained and educated on up-to-date guidelines regarding COVID-19 spread prevention and general infectious control practices.
- All staff is wearing the appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) for the care and services being provided at all times.
- Rigorous measures for obtaining and purchasing all necessary personal protective equipment (PPE) to ensure sufficient supplies available to staff.
- Designated isolation rooms where COVID -19 positive residents can receive care.
- Implementation of policies for staff relative to self-quarantining per DPH guidance in the event of temperature, other potential symptoms, confirmed positive COVID-19 test results, and/or contact with someone with community-based COVID-19.
- Complying with all required reporting and updates on the status of our residents and staff to the local and state Departments of Public Health and CDC.
Helpful Links For Information Regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19):
Mass.gov Information on the Outbreak of the Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) (https://www.mass.gov/resource/information-on-the-outbreak-of-coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19)
CDC Learn More About COVID-19 (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html)